Instructional Audio Solutions for Learning Spaces
Hear and Learn Soundfield Range
There are many challenges to best practice auditory learning. Hear and Learn helps by:
- Capturing instructional audio including voices and screens so that learners at the back get the same auditory learning experience as learners at the front of the room.
- Spreading instructional audio evenly across all areas of learning spaces which are larger and more agile so that all learners receive a calm and gentle listening experience
- Allowing teachers to speak in a conversational voice avoiding vocal strain and encouraging the use of more descriptive language
- Creating better experiences for learners who may not speak English at home, or may have processing challenges such as Central Auditory Processing Disorder, or may have permanent or fluctuating hearing loss, or who respond best to instruction that is delivered with a conversational voice.
- Assisting teachers and learners who may be required or choose to wear masks as part of new Covid procedures.
Hear and Learn Hearing Augmentation Range
The technology built into hearing aids is evolving quickly. The Fed Govt supplies different aids to different learners, and receivers in these aids are different. There is no universal platform to augment instructional audio to receivers in hearing aids. The Building and Construction Code requires that learning spaces need to be equipped with infrastructure to transmit audio to these receivers however deemed to satisfy guidelines are outdated. A performance based approach is needed to recognise that receivers in aids have and will change. New Australian Standards reflect this point.
UConnect SoundHouse and UConnect Mini are best of breed solutions:
- Instructional audio is collected, transformed and connected to any type of transmitter to aids now and in the future
- Our ‘In Wall’ interfaces come with all electronics and power supplies pre-built so that there is no ligature risk with electrical cables
- Easy to use and supported by Hear and Learn’s Hear Assist package
- Can be powder coated in any colour to suit your new build