Tassie talks: students understand what is being asked of them, relaxed voices, no learners kept in the darkAugust 3, 2021
In the gorgeous Lenah Valley north west of Hobart’s CBD, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School embraces core values which include a strong emphasis on promoting the value of each child as well as the very recognisable culture of caring and supporting all students and families. The school aims to provide an educational foundation for each individual to reach his or her full development as a person: intellectually, spiritually, physically, morally and emotionally.
Motivated by optimizing auditory learning for all children, the School has Hear and Learn voice capture and delivery tech in every room.
Teachers and students report that:
- The microphones are excellent because I can clearly hear the teacher during lessons and I know what I need to do for each task.
- I enjoy using the microphone to share my questions or answers because I can be heard without feeling like I have to speak up.
- The (Activate) pods have changed how we collect data on our students. They’ve given us the ability to record student discussion, ideas, and critical thinking.
- The system provides a voice for students that may otherwise find it difficult to share or be heard in a classroom.
- Hear & Learn has transformed our classrooms as all students have access to explicit instruction. This means that no student is left in the dark.
- I’ve noticed that my voice doesn’t feel as strained at the end of the day. I can present clearly without pushing my vocal chords.